|Provided By:||Klaus Weidner|
Are you missing the key layout you're used to from your computer? This keyboard has separate number keys, punctuation in the usual places, and arrow keys. It is based on the AOSP Gingerbread soft keyboard, so it supports multitouch for the modifier keys.
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices such as the Xoom tablet or Nexus S that don't have a trackball or D-Pad.
The supported keyboard layouts include:
- Arabic (العربية)
- British (en_GB)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Dvorak English (language "en-DV")
- English (QWERTY)
- Finnish (Suomi)
- French (Français, AZERTY)
- German (Deutsch, QWERTZ)
- Hebrew (עברית)
- Romanian (Română)
- Russian (Русский)
- Spanish (Español)
- Slovenian (Slovenščina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian
Completion dictionaries are provided by plug-in packages, see the "other applications by this developer" section for the currently available list. The keyboard also supports use of dictionaries (but not keyboard layouts) provided by AnySoftKeyboard language packs.
For more information, including the user's guide, FAQ/known issues, alternate version downloads, and the source code, please check out the developer web page: http://code.google.com/p/hackerskeyboard/
Known issues include:
- Localization for the keyboard layout is incomplete, currently the Danish, Norwegian, Serbian, and Swedish layouts are only localized in 4-row mode and show the English QWERTY layout in 5-row mode.
- Some languages and layouts may not be usable on your phone if it lacks the necessary fonts.
- Right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew) are apparently not fully supported on pre-Honeycomb devices, YMMV.
- Many applications don't react to additional keys since they aren't programmed to handle them.
If you have problems or feedback, please send email or file a bug in the project's issue tracker - I can't help resolve problems reported in Market reviews since I'm unable to contact the review authors.
The permissions requested by the application are those needed by the underlying Gingerbread keyboard. It uses the contacts information for completion of names and email addresses, and audio recording for the voice input feature.
- Bugfix: keep previously-active language selected on keyboard reset
- new 5-row layouts: Dvorak/en_DV (by Mallegonian), British/en_GB (by Darren Salt), Finnish/Suomi/fi (by Ville Kujala), Czech/cs (by Martin Ratajský)
- new 4-row layouts: Slovenian/sl (by Uros Vampl), Finnish, Dvorak, Czech
- bugfix: some add-on dictionaries missing after restart
- new layout: Romanian
- adjustable setting for key label scaling
Content rating: Everyone
5 - September 16, 2011 - Bill McHale
Great for large screens.Gr8 keyboard for Sys Admins or others who need to do more than send texts and emails.
5 - September 16, 2011 - S
Amazing on Nook ColorThis is a wonderful keyboard for the NC, it was very frustrating before. The one on CM7 would be nice, but i dont miss it much,since I got this.
4 - September 16, 2011 - Nathan
Love itPlease find a way to add word suggestions in landscape mode. Perfect other than that
5 - September 16, 2011 - Woody
Cant live without it!The title says it all. No matter the default keyboard, Im always replacing, on my tablet, with the Hackers Keyboard. Hello, Nurse! Full-size, customizable sp Keyboard Bliss.
5 - September 16, 2011 - Mark
Great KeyboardPerfect for ConnectBot so useful to have working tab and arrow keys when SSHing! Ignore the warning message, youll get that with any installed kb
2 - September 16, 2011 - akalipetis
No support for Greek...Np support for Greek. Uninstalling...
5 - September 16, 2011 - RPM
Req:Pls make it so symbols screen has www. and .com instead of a space bar.
4 - September 16, 2011 - SLACK-R
nook colorLove this on my htc merge, but it wont install on my nook color. Market says its not compatable. Sure would be nice if it was......
Looking for Ringtones?
On your phone?
Hackers Keyboard for Android