A sample of BGBlitz2go features are:
* Play Backgammon against a expert level opponent. It's AI is derived from BGBlitz, winner of the Backgammon events at the Computer Olympiads in 2007, 2003 and 2002.
* Play against other humans at the FIBS server (if the mobile supports the "Socket-Connection")
* Money game and match play.
* A tutor helps to improve your game.
* Choose between several themes.
* Touch screen support.
* Save your matches or interesting positions for later analysis/replay (if the mobile supports JSR 75).
* Current languages are English, Swedish and German.
* a FIBS-client is included, so you can play at FIBS on every opportunity. Depending on your phone/operator there might be additional configuration on your phone necessary or it might not work at all. Please check the costs your operator charges before using it. BGBlitz2go doesn't generate a lot of traffic, but the prices for data traffic differ vastly from free (Flat rate or WLAN) over reasonable to ridiculous expensive.
* BGblitz2go got a new much stronger AI that is trained over 20 million games. The memory needed is raised moderately.
* We added an "Extreme" level of play because a lot of devices nowadays are very capable. It uses 2-ply-evaluation, i.e. it not just looks at the current position but calculates the best responses to all following dice rolls. With the new "Mips" entry in the main menu, you can test how many positions BGblitz2go can evaluate on your phone in a second. Depending on your amount of patience you can try "Extreme" with values higher than 100. Values beyond 300 show nearly instantaneous moves. The 2-ply evaluation is also available in the "evaluation" and "best moves" dialog boxes. The "Extreme" levels playing strength is in the ballpark of human expert players, so don't complain we haven't warned you ;)
* you can save positions in "pos"-format for later analysis
* you can play the next game with the dice reversed, in the case you believe BGBlitz2go always gets the better dice. In case you want to try a different strategy you can also have the same dice.
* reduced the playing strength in easier levels for casual players
* improvements in usability
Looking for Ringtones?
On your phone?
BGBlitz2go on Mobile